Thread: photos breaking up?

Thanks

Default photos breaking up?

1) Script Title: white marks on my photos

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

3) Describe problem: Hi guys. Just implemented the thumbnail viewer script and thought all was great until today when i noticed some of my images have flecks of white on them (see here for direct examples) Obviously the originals are fine so something is happening via the script and my site

Anyone know what might be causing this? I should add i know nothing about html, coding, scripting and use frontpage and the html behind the pages is probably a horror show! Thanks for any help - mike

Thanks

This is not a property of the code. Instead, it is a problem created by the processing of complex graphics in a browser. If you look on different computers (and different browsers/operating systems) you will find this varies. On a PC using IE (and perhaps Firefox) this will be the worst.
    There is nothing you can do differently except to not make it so complex. It may not be possible to achieve the same effect with less "complexity" (in terms of browser processing).
    It may also be a property of the image formats: try varying the type: png, gif, jpg. A different one may not get corrupted so easily.

In other words, this is a browser error and the only thing you can do is make processing easier on the browser. This happens sometimes on just regular images embedded in the html, though.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

thanks for the reply. I take it this is a known problem (not with the script May tinker around with the site though if that's the extent of the damage i might leave things as they are. Cheers - mike

Thanks

Thumbs up

update. Changed the pages from slices made using pshop (again don't really know what i'm doing) to predominantly Frontpage tables with a smattering of gifs made in pshop and the problem seems to be cured now - in Firefox at least. Haven't checked other browsers yet. Thanks for your help and to DD for the great script

Thanks

Yes, any method that lessons the graphics load on the browser will eliminate the chance of those corrupted pixels. Glad that worked out.

By the way, the worst I've ever seen of this was in the AOL [dialup] browser a few years ago. It's basically Internet Explorer with another logo on top, probably version 6 when I was looking at it. I suppose that would be the real test.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum