Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AnyLink JS Drop Down Menu v2.2

Thanks

Unhappy AnyLink JS Drop Down Menu v2.2

1) Script Title: :: AnyLink JS Drop Down Menu v2.2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

3) Describe problem: With out the script my site, the page displays normally, but when I added the anylink to it, it adds extra height to the page, about 300px to the bottom. Is there a way to fix this?

You can see the page here the page should end just below the lights at the bottom, but instead scrolls down well past. (I am using the script on the links at the top of the page)

It goes away when I remove this:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">

//anylinkcssmenu.init("menu_anchors_class") //Pass in the CSS class of anchor links (that contain a sub menu)
    anylinkcssmenu.init("menuanchorclass")

</script>
    But then, of course, the menu on the page does not work.

I appreciate any help =) thanks, JB
    Last edited by Jinglebelle; 01-30-2010 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks

Ok, I just noticed that the more links I add to the menu, the longer the space gets at the bottom.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

This problem has popped up a few times for other users as well. It seems it occurs under particular circumstances where the page uses a TABLE layout. Anyhow, I'm going to look into it in the next couple of days, and if I find a fix, update the two relevant scripts officially with the fix. Stay tuned.

BTW, please note that your page is currently in violation of our usage terms, since the credit notice doesn't appear inline on the page. Please reinstate the credit notice: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/notice.htm
    DD Admin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddadmin View Post
    This problem has popped up a few times for other users as well. It seems it occurs under particular circumstances where the page uses a TABLE layout. Anyhow, I'm going to look into it in the next couple of days, and if I find a fix, update the two relevant scripts officially with the fix. Stay tuned.]
    Thank you, I will check back

BTW, please note that your page is currently in violation of our usage terms, since the credit notice doesn't appear inline on the page. Please reinstate the credit notice: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/notice.htm
    OOPS! Fixed

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ok, I believe I've tracked down the issue (hopefully). Try the updated anylinkmenu.js file found on the script page.
    DD Admin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

Jinglebelle (01-28-2010)

Thanks

Thanks =) But... I used the updated js file, but the space is still there...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmm this is turning out to be more elusive than I thought. Ok, try the re-updated .js file on the script page...
    DD Admin

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ok forget everything I said. After going around in circles, I think I've found the actual issue, which is in fact there is no issue with the script at all. The problem lies in your version of anylinkmenu.css, which is missing the below:

Code:
    .anylinkshadow{ /*CSS for shadow. Keep this as is */
    position: absolute;
    left: 0;
    top: 0;
    z-index: 99; /*zIndex for shadow*/
    background: black;
    visibility: hidden;
    }
    The default .css file on DD has this. You need to add it back in, and then, regardless of which version of the .js file you use, there should no longer be any gap. I guess others in the past that have experienced this same issue also was due to their removal of the above from their CSS file.
    DD Admin

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

Jinglebelle (01-28-2010)

Thanks

Ok forget everything I said. After going around in circles, I think I've found the actual issue, which is in fact there is no issue with the script at all. The problem lies in your version of anylinkmenu.css, which is missing the below:

Code:
    .anylinkshadow{ /*CSS for shadow. Keep this as is */
    position: absolute;
    left: 0;
    top: 0;
    z-index: 99; /*zIndex for shadow*/
    background: black;
    visibility: hidden;
    }
    The default .css file on DD has this. You need to add it back in, and then, regardless of which version of the .js file you use, there should no longer be any gap. I guess others in the past that have experienced this same issue also was due to their removal of the above from their CSS file.
    THANK YOU so much!! I have no idea why I took it out, but the problem is fixed!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinglebelle View Post
    THANK YOU so much!! I have no idea why I took it out, but the problem is fixed!
    My guess is you wanted to remove the shadow from the menu. If so, this should be done inside anylinkmenu.js (there's a variable inside pertaining to this).
    DD Admin