Thread: anylinkmenu - Novice Needs Help

Thanks

Default anylinkmenu - Novice Needs Help

Hello from a new member. I hope I explain my problem clearly. I have been trying to get the drop down menu on mouseover to work. I can get it to work with my menu items in it's own page, however, when I insert the code into a template I get the following error when I peview in IE 8: 'Error on page' and when I double-click the error IE 8 shows this: Line: 23 Character: 0 Error: 'anylinkmenu is undefined', yet I believe I have the code in all the right places.

The page loads fine and all else seems to work except for the drop down menu I have been working on.

I use Dreamweaver 8.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

In future, please post about Dynamic Drive Scripts in the Dynamic Drive Scripts Help section here where I've moved this thread, and:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format when asking a question.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks for the tip on posting in the forums. the script link is http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

The website is in the design process so I do not have much to include here. I believe I have followed the instructions that accompany the script.

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That error would tend to indicate that the code is either in fact not in the right place or that you have introduced a syntactical error into it which invalidates the script in that browser.

I'd really need to see the page to be more specific.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, but it took me a while to get back to this. I am including the code from the html file that works, as well as the same code that I insert into the template that returns the error. The problem occurs only in the template, but I did discover that no matter if I place the code in my (main.dwt) template or in a new basic template for testing, the error occurs. My summation is that since it works in the basic html page but not in the template that it is a placement issue, as you suggested.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I will look over in more detail (I've already had a cursory look at it) your text file when I get more time, perhaps even just a little later.

However, these sorts of things are easiest for me (and most folks, really) to diagnose if you put up a live demo of the problem and post a link to it.

Please do so if at all possible.
    - John

Thanks

Thanks for your time. Problem is solved. I do appreciate the effort.

Thanks

what was the problem? sattmenu undefined?
    If so how do you fix it?
    I have similar error when I embed script into a CMS, works fine on stand alone html page or cutting script on pieces on a few directories as on CMS.