Thread: Menu doesn't always collapse

Thanks

Default Menu doesn't always collapse

1) Script Title: Accordion Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...enu-bullet.htm

3) Describe problem:

Sub Menus expand when the primary link for that section is clicked. They collapse when that primary link is clicked again or when another primary link with an expandable sub-section is clicked. My problem is, when clicking a primary link that doesn't expand (like Home page) the previous section doesn't collapse and that's confusing to a user who goes to Home page but sees the "Services" section expanded. Is there a way to get Services to collapse when Home is clicked?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

In your ddaccordion.init set:

Code:
    	onemustopen: false, //Specify whether at least one header should be open always (so never all headers closed)
    Code:
    	persiststate: false, //persist state of opened contents within browser session?
    If there is a particular header you need to be expanded on a particular page, set it with (also in your ddaccordion.init) its number (expandable headers are numbered 0 to whatever) here:

Code:
    	defaultexpanded: [0], //index of content(s) open by default [index1, index2, etc]. [] denotes no content
    for that page. However, for the home page, where you say you want none expanded, use:

Code:
    	defaultexpanded: [], //index of content(s) open by default [index1, index2, etc]. [] denotes no content
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I have the exact same problem, but changing the ddaccordion.init set didn't solve my problem...

I have 6 main menus and only 4 of them have sub-menus. Everything works fine, but when I click the menu without sub-menu the previous menu stays open. if I change the ddaccordion.init set (as indicated) all menus stay closed... What I want is that when I click on a head menu (with or without sub-menus) the previous menu to collapses. is this possible?

here's my test site: http://citar.artes.ucp.pt/mtpnp/temp_teste/

tks
    Last edited by muflyn; 01-28-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: alterations to the test web site