Thread: Local Time script not displaying time at all

Thanks

Default Local Time script not displaying time at all

1) Script Title: Local Time script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex6/localtime.htm

3) Describe problem:

I've tried this script on a page, but I get the following:

Current Server Time:NaN:NaN:NaN AM (undefined)

What am I doing wrong? Should I be changing something within the script to make it work?

I'm new round here by way , and only just started learning html and css, so don't really understand how js works...

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Thanks

You have to get the time from the server using PHP (ie: .php), ASP, or SSI (ie: .shtml). Which one of those do you have/ want to use?
    Corrections to my coding/thoughts welcome.

Thanks

Hie bluewalrus, thanks for your reply, I'd go for php as I understand it a little bit better than the others... the page is already saved as .php, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

You would have to post a link to your page or the code you are using for us to see. If the problem is in PHP, then we cannot view the code in view>source, so that will need to be posted as code here.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Duh. Just realised what the mistake was. I copied the code straight from the page:

Current Server Time:<span id="timecontainer"></span>

<script type="text/javascript">
    new showLocalTime("timecontainer", "server-ssi", 0, "short")
    </script>

Didn't realise I had to change "server-ssi" to "server-php". Just spotted that so thought I'd try and it's now working. Hurrah! I told you I was a newbie....

Sorry to have wasted your time, but hopefully this will help another newbie that may stumble upon this!

Thanks

Daniel - off topic, but thought you may want to change your signature... it's "estudio espa˝ol", no "estudiaba", this is past tense, unless of course that's what you meant!

Thanks

Yes, I studied it a while ago, and I've forgotten many of the details (I can understand it, but when I speak it comes out in Italian, or now Portuguese).

Glad the script is now working.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum