Thread: SKy Falcon of WWII Flash Game

Thanks

Talking SKy Falcon of WWII Flash Game

I wanted to post my link for the new Flash Game I just created for YellzBellz.com. Its my first Flash game and it took me about 3 weeks to complete. I do love the flash enviroment as far as its easy implementation and deployment of completed projects. I would love to hear any feedback from someone!

Sky Falcon of WWII

Thanks!

Thanks

By keeping it simple, even a first game can be pretty good.

Considering, I think it turned out well.

A few things to improve:
    1. Arrow keys instead of letters. (or in addition to)
    2. You should loop back to the beginning of the game when it ends (instead of refreshing the page). At very least, you could have a link in the flash to the current url.
    3. The radius for hits seems quite large. I'd make it smaller (hopefully changing as the plane changes shape [up/down or straight]), and make the bombs explode bigger to compensate. As is, it's too hard to avoid the bullets and too easy to shoot the enemy.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Wow!
    Thanks for that feedback! I really appreciate that. I will definitely look into the size of the collision checks. I do need a game over screen though to show the stats. It was pretty complicated to put a restart game button on it due to having to check if there were any existing objects like smoke, explosions, planes after the game was restarted. I may put it back in with a game update though.

Thank you very much for the input!

Thanks

Ok. I haven't played with flash in a long time (and never was that good with it), but I think there is probably an easy way to "reset" within an active game. I mean, there is probably a keyframe you can return to on a high level. But if not, you can always take the cheap way and just do geturl('?') for a button to "reload" game. That would reload the page too, but would do it at least from within the game.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Thanks for the help there. I did find the getUrl() function a little while ago and may play with that when I do the next update. Thanks again for taking a look at the game!