Thread: Web Media Player: Suggestions?

Thanks

Default Web Media Player: Suggestions?

Hi,

I'm looking for a flash audio and video player to embed into my Site.
    I've already seen some online, but didn't like any of them. Please make some good suggestions.

Thanks for any help!
    Regards
    Rain Lover

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you just want to embed online video's offered by video sharing sites (YouTube etc.), see this thread.
    ===
    Arie Molendijk.

Thanks

Thanks for the answer, but actually I'd like to embed videos I upload to my website, not online video's offered by video sharing sites.

Thanks

Those players will work fine.
    The added part now is that you need a way to upload and compress them.
    You need to choose a format.
    If you are working with audio, there are a few, such as mp3, that will be supported by most players.
    With video, it gets a little more complex.
    .flv is nice, but only works with flash, so if you want anything else ever to work with it, this is limiting-- if it's only to be played through flash on your site, though, this is the way to go. Google "flv exporter" and you'll find lots.
    .mov (and its various internal formats) is my favorite, but I play things with quicktime, not flash. Flash can handle some of its internal formats, so look into this.
    .avi/.wmv: not good ideas because they aren't really easy to embed on a site, by any means-- you can try to play them with an embedded windows media player, but that's messy. Some formats of .avi allow different options, but not all. For example, divx and xvid are popular, almost outside the range of "normal" avis because they are so particular-- they have special players, etc.
    .mpg, .mp4: possible, but .mpg is old and bulky (filesize), and .mp4 is a little hard to work with, though compatible with lots (but not more so than a good format within a .mov).

Hope this helps.
    Once you have your files ready, you can play them with the players above.
    .flv is probably what you are looking for, if you can find a way to convert your videos to it that you like.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum