Advanced Search

Thread: Internet Explorer Cannot Open the Internet Site- Operation Aborted” Error

Thanks

Post Internet Explorer Cannot Open the Internet Site- Operation Aborted” Error

Script Title: Internet Explorer Cannot Open the Internet Site- Operation Aborted” Error

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...chcontent2.htm

Describe problem:

I'm using the SwitchContent.JS and SwitchIcon.JS in my JSP. I've hsted the application in Apache Tomcat. When I try to run I'm getting the following error in IE in the aler t Box.

Internet Explorer Cannot Open the Internet Site- Operation Aborted” Error

Once I clicked ok on the modal box, IE shows an error page. But this works fine with Fire fox.

How this can be fixed? Kindly Help

Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 3,097 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are a number of things IE will abort on that other browsers like Firefox will simply error correct for you. Even different versions of IE will sometimes vary in this regard. Without a link to the page I couldn't begin to say just what specifically. Even then I could only tell for sure how the served source code needs to be changed. As for what might need to be changed in the include or other files to achieve that, I might not have the background in the server side languages you are using to help there.

One of the first things I would do is validate the served page to a URL DOCTYPE, often that will fix it.

Also I would look for tags that aren't cosed (picked up by the validator, but if you are unfamiliar with the validator you might not get what it's saying) and operations via javascript taking place inside of tags before they are closed (not picked up by the validator).
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate