Advanced Search

Thread: Ultimate Fade in script - lost beginner cry for help

Thanks

Default Ultimate Fade in script - lost beginner cry for help

1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade in Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: I'm brand new to dreamweaver and have just about got my head around the WYSIWYG interface which is great. However the HTML scripting thing is still fairly lost on me. Is there anyone out there who has a little time to take me through the Ultimate fade in slideshow. I insert the pasted script into the <head> bit, then replace the names of the images with my ones in the website folder, but still haven't been able to see anything happen. I'm qute desperate and would appreciate anyone's expert pointers.

Thanks in advance

JKS

Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 3,097 Posts
    Blog Entries

You will probably need to 'get under the hood' using a plain text editor like NotePad or DW's code view or whatever they call it. You will need to know what paths are and what the various parts of the page referenced in the instructions are when viewing/editing the source code, like head, and body.

Not a whole lot to learn. You may already know some or all of these basic concepts. Google anything you don't understand, or ask a specific question about it here. Then just follow the instructions on the demo page.

Another thing you could do, or after following the above advice and still having problems, is to post a link to your page. To do that, take your best shot (it doesn't have to work) at putting together a demo of the script using your own images, upload it to the web somewhere and give us a link to it.

We'll be able to see right away what the trouble is.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

jksarkodie (01-19-2010)

Thanks

Thanks a lot for your time - I'll get onto it and follow your advice...