Thread: Conflict with jQuery?

Thanks

Default Conflict with jQuery?

Hi,

Firstly please excuse my ignorance...

I'm trying to use one of the Rss ticker scripts and I cant get it to run. The site I'm trying to use it on uses JQuery-js framework, so could the problem be some kind of conflict?

Thanks.

Thanks

This was originally posted on the "Java" section. Java and Javascript are entirely different programming languages that only share similar names. Javascript is what works on web pages and Java is a desktop programming language like C++. Java can be used on webpages only in applets, and JQuery is Javascript. I have moved this post to the right section.

In response to the question, it is very likely that the scripts are conflicting in some way. It may be as simple as both using the same name for a variable, but might also be more complex. In order to help you, we will need to see the actual scripts you are using: post links to them, or, better, post the code you are using on your site or a link to your site itself.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum