Thread: Link to Zoom in/out??

Thanks

Default Link to Zoom in/out??

Hey,

I currently have a portfolio site that (size wise) is built for larger resolution monitors. The width is slightly larger than 1024px.

It can be viewed here: yoniafek(DOT)com

But in my browsers I can (either using a mouse of keyboard) zoom in or out of the content, not only does the text size change but it actually zooms out.

I'm asking if it's possible to provide a link on the page that zooms out enough to look good in a small resolution. If not that, maybe a script that recognizes the computer's resolution, and determines what zoom level to show the site.

Is any of this possible or should I stop dreaming the impossible?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It is possible - but what I would do is create a folder called small_res/, and when a user has a small resolution, they click that. And you include all the normal files you would in just the root directory(with php include(), which I think your using, since you are using PHP), and just change the CSS file. It will work in any browser, with any person(Javascript / No javascript).

I like your layout though - unique, simple, and the layout itself doesn't look like tons of images - Good job!
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

Thanks for your comments,

unfortunately I don't think it would work too well because of certain set up i have in some of the php files (../ - roots backs multiple times but it's works in the main directory because there is no where else to go)

but I'll give it a try

Thanks

Great site and artwork! I noticed however (because i had the same problem yesterday) that if you swap between a page with lots of content and a page with little content, your centered design moves ever so slightly... my browser takes away the scroll bar for pages without content going off the screen - this recenters your design.

If you want to fix it stick this in your css:

body, html {height: 100%; margin: 0 0 1px; padding:0;}

just adds one pixel to the bottom of the layout so the scroll bar remains on all pages!

Thanks

hey, thats awesome! I was wondering if there was something I could do about that...
    I'm gonna try it out tommorow

Cheers