Thread: Dynamic Ajax Content and WYSIWYG editor

Thanks

Post Dynamic Ajax Content and WYSIWYG editor

Dynamic Ajax Content

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...jaxcontent.htm

Can i use an WYSIWYG editor with Dynamic Ajax Content and PHP???

I try some options but no sucess. Any one use this???

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,231 Times in 3,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Apparently not. Just kidding, sort of. It can be difficult and would depend to a degree on the exact editor you are using as well as its settings. Most folks serious about using PHP and javascript together would use a text only editor with context highlighting like NotePad++ or vim. However, if you are comfortable coding your page in your WYSIWYG editor, at least for the HTML part, you could probably get by with doing that and then adding in the required extra stuff for PHP and/or javascript using any plain text editor, even the NotePad that comes with Windows or the SimpleText that comes with the Mac OS.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the quick response. To program we uses Notpad++. But in the administrative area of the site we would like help our customers could use any WYSIWYG editor (like, TinyMCE, whizzywig, etc) that could help them in the editions of the site.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,231 Times in 3,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

As I say it would vary by the editor and its settings. Some editors allow you to insert script elements fairly easily, others do not. Some will even mangle or otherwise ruin/effectively remove scripts previously entered with a text only editor. You would have to familiarize yourself with each editor or find someone who already is. Even so, the instructions could get complicated for novice users of a given WYSIWYG editor. Most have 'code view' or something like it. But once again may mangle, etc. script code even if entered in 'code view' unless certain settings are in effect and/or certain comments inserted along with the script code. Some of these editors may simply be incapable of script insertion. Preview mode in these type editors often cannot give an accurate idea of what the script will do.

All in all, if you want to help someone do this, I'd suggest a step by step approach that (in its broad outlines) follows my previous advice:

However, if you are comfortable coding your page in your WYSIWYG editor, at least for the HTML part, you could probably get by with doing that and then adding in the required extra stuff for PHP and/or javascript using any plain text editor, even the NotePad that comes with Windows or the SimpleText that comes with the Mac OS.
    With the added caveat that, at least in some of these WYSIWYG editors, one should never load the page into the editor again after that, previewing only in the browser, keeping backups of the page both with and without the code added by the text only editor. One for use in the WYSIWYG editor if the need arises, the other for use in the text only editor.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate