Thread: New to flash

Thanks

Default New to flash

Hi im new to flash and action scripting ..

i tried learning in oreilly book for action script 3.0
    i dont understand much ... except the basics of programming and dealing with objects ..

how should i proceed ....
    can i learn action script right away ?
    or learn flash motion tween etc.... and then come to action script ...?

Thanks

Flash has an entire logic just within the program and it works differently than other languages, because of how that logic works.
    So, yes, you should get familiar with how the program works, especially tweens and other important things like that, then fairly soon start with actionscript.

Actionscript is useless if you can't put it anywhere, so you need to know a bit about how the stuff will work before you can start understanding actionscript.

However, to really be able to do anything with flash, actionscript is required, so after you get the basics I would suggest learning both the regular parts of flash (tools, interface, options, etc) and actionscript at the same time.

Like this--
    1. Flash
    2. Flash + Actionscript
    3. Actionscript (for years, you will still be learning this, but know all about the other parts of Flash).
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

3. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

legend.raju (12-30-2009)

Thanks

From what I've seen and read ActionScript 3 really steps up the learning curve for beginners. It has way more advanced and high level coding structures that arent really easy to understand for beginners. I personally would recommend following actionscript 2 tutorials and older flash tutorials. As explained by DJR33, understanding the flash GUI and the Actionscript code are 2 different things.

Follow tutorials and look up everything on the Internet search engines.

have fun!!