Thread: Repeating foreground picture

Thanks

Exclamation Repeating foreground picture

Hi! I wanted to add a repeating picture in my xanga today after seeing a page just like it in here, and I found a "text/css" code which I could use to add a picture of falling cherry blossoms on my page. But when I tried it, it would make my background disappear, which is replaced by the cherry blossoms. Is there a way to modify the code at the bottom so it wont replace my background? Thanks a lot!!

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    html {
    background:#fff;
    background-image: url(img.gif);
    background-repeat: repeat-y;
    background-position: left top;
    height:100%;
    margin:0;padding:0;
    }
    body {
    background-image: url(img.gif);
    background-repeat: repeat-y;
    background-position: right top;
    height:100%;
    margin:0;padding:0;
    }
    </style>
    Last edited by Inuyasha2087; 09-06-2004 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks

Try placing the second "falling cherry pic" in a seperate layer. Make the layer the same size as your background. This way you should be able to see both. rgds,Simonf

Thanks

Thanks for the reply but I'm not familiar on how CSS coding works to try your suggestion. I found the code for the cherry blossoms online but I don't know how to modify it. Can you please tell me how I can create a separate layer for the cherry blossoms and how to make the layer the same size as my background? Thanks again!

Thanks

Hi, It's not the CSS coding, the file blossoms is a animated gif file. So in your html editor (front-page etc) add a layer to you page in the area you wish the falling blossoms to appear. Then add the picture (83.gif) to the layer and resize to fit. When you pre-view you will see the blossoms fall.... rgds,Simon

If you look at http://www.cherrycreektrading.co.za/blossom.htm I have reproduced what you are looking for. And you should be able to edit this in frontpage to see.