Advanced Search

Thread: Question from neophyte

Thanks

Default Question from neophyte

I have just installed a simple blog program at www.a-diversion.com/blog and there is a table on the right for "other blogs" The php is ordering that the links be "shuffled" and I want the links to appear as I place them. Since the index.php file contains the php commands for that LINKS area, I suspect that it is the only thing I need to change but I am unsure as to the proper structure.
    Currently the php command for the link area is as follows (I tried dropping the shuffle part and messed it up)

// LINKS SECTION

if(file_exists("links.txt")) {
    $links = file("links.txt");
    }

$num = count($links);

if($num >= 1) {
    print("<BR><font size=2 face=verdana><B>
    <U>Other Blogs:</U><BR><BR>");

srand((float)microtime()*1000000);
    shuffle($links);
    for($i=0; $i<count($links); $i++) {
    print("$links[$i]<BR>");
    }
    print("</font></B>");
    }

print("

Also, is there any way of writing the .txt file so I can create spaces between the entries on a selective basis?
    Can anyone point me in the right direction please? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You should just be able to remove shuffle($links); from the file. Do you want to post the file-writing code so I can adapt it?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

I will take out the shuffle($links); and see how it goes. I presume, professor the file-writing code means the entire code for the index.php? or am I looking for something else that you need to check for me.

Thanks so much for your help

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Also, is there any way of writing the .txt file so I can create spaces between the entries on a selective basis?
    Do you mean when reading it? That depends. What would you like to select them by?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Thanks Twey! I have played with the text file and have been able to accomplish what I needed. Everything is now sorted on the blog script.