Thread: ddlevelsmenu

Thanks

Default ddlevelsmenu

1) Script Title: ddlevelsmenu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex...menu/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I have the script installed and running a nice menu. The only prob is I get a 'jumping' on page load for IE7, where the of the background page element seems to start in one position, then move to another after a fraction of a second once the page has loaded. I presume it is because the positioning is calculated before and then after the js runs?

Is there any way to stop this? Images shown here:

While the page is loading. See how the grey button on the top left is pushing the blue strip down.

After the page has loaded. The grey button is now sitting correctly on top of the blue strip.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Is the gray button the menu's link anchor for DD Levels Menu? It seems you've made some changes to the CSS, which could be the culprit here. Do you have a link to the problem page we can check out?
    DD Admin

Thanks

Thank you so much for offering to help. It's hosted on an internal server so I can't give you access.

As I was writing this reply, I started to have some ideas about how to fix the problem, so I tried setting the background div (which followed the menu div) to have absolute positioning so it would always render in the same place

I was going to post this:

"My gut feeling is that the positioning of the elements is being calculated once before the JS, and again after the menu has been drawn. Probably not something to do with the CSS of the menu itself, but the way I've used css to tell the menu to sit over the BG image. FF plays nice, but not IE. "

But the absolute positioning seems to have done the trick. I thought I would mention it in case anyone else had the same problem!