Advanced Search

Thread: facebox problem in table cell

Thanks

Default facebox problem in table cell

1) Script Title:

2) http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ebox/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I'm completely new to facebox. It looks like it's perfect for our needs and getting the example working was trivial. But as soon as I move the example triggering link into a td it doesn't work (I left the hidden div completely outside the table).

Before I put up code I'm just wondering if there's some gotchas with using it inside table cells. Basically I want a link in the cell in order to put up a facebox popup with more info relating to the cell contents. So what's the problem from inside a td. Also, is there any real documentation or is it "read the code" as far as how to do anything beyond the single example that comes with the download. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks

Default found problem but don't fully understand fix

OK, by gradually morphing the simple facebox example into my page, I discovered that the problem was the table is contained inside a div that has a (tiled) background image. Remove the background image from the enclosing div css class definition and the facebox popup is back. So "fixed" but still mysterious (and I assume not intentional), and I'd like the option of using an image in the enclosing div.

Any facebox guru's help with understanding this fully understanding this would be appreciated. Also, still wondering if there's any real facebox documentation.