Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lightbox (I think)

Thanks

paths fixed and the labels appear now, so we are down to the query only.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,421 Times in 3,382 Posts
    Blog Entries

You may use:

Code:
    #prevLink:hover, #prevLink:visited:hover { background: url('http://www.lbk.co.za/const/scripts/Lightbox204a/images/prevlabel.gif') no-repeat left 15%; }
    #nextLink:hover, #nextLink:visited:hover { background: url('http://www.lbk.co.za/const/scripts/Lightbox204a/images/nextlabel.gif') no-repeat right 15%; }
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

Bernie Kruger (11-27-2009)

Thanks

Just as an aside, how does one insert comments/remarks into the code w/o doing what I did with the meaningless script you quizzed me on. I tried /** like yuo have in your notice but it then somehow appears in the page as text unformatted.

The FP help is extremely helpful - NOT!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

First, on the minified version of the script, you need to upload it to here:

Code:
    http://www.lbk.co.za/const/Renovate/scripts/jquery-1.2.6.min.js
    Then you may use:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/jquery-1.2.6.min.js"></script>
    In fact, on your page wherever you have:

Code:
    ../Renovate/scripts/
    since you are already in the Renovate folder, you may simply use:

Code:
    scripts/
    As for comments. If you want just an HTML comment, use:

HTML Code:
    <!-- Your comment goes here -->
    These should generally only be used in presentational elements. Not in style or script elements. They can go in the head though, as long as they are not inside anything in the head.

For inside a script tag, there are two types of comments, single line:

Code:
    // this comment ends when there is a line break
    (comment is over)
    and multiline:

Code:
    /* This comment will continue until it meets a
        closing comment delimeter like here */
    It is generally best to have the closing </script> tag on a new line below any comments, which if they are multiline, should be closed first. Otherwise it may be missed.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Its past midnight here so I am off to bed before I screw something else up

I am happy with the pages as is, all published and changed as we discussed, if the gallery can run faster, that would be cool, but it can wait.

I need to clean up all the table garbage FP inserted into my pages, that will keep me busy awhile. The image displays now are more eloquent than the manufacturer's site, that's where I got the lighten/darken images scripts I use on the thumbnails when you mouseover them.

Talk to you soon

Thanks
    Blog Entries

OK, well - I usually don't take such an interest in what folks are doing to the extent of volunteering information that wasn't really requested, but occasionally I do. You may consider yourself lucky or otherwise - that's up to you, feel free to say enough is enough if that's how you feel. I will respect that.

However, I get the sense that you are really doing something, that's what interests me, and that as you say - it's just late where you are. Sometimes taking a break is the best thing. I could probably go on for some time about stuff for your site, but I think I'm just interested in getting some basic stuff straight for you as regards the site.

So, if you will bear with me a little longer I think you will be pleased with the result. No rush though, I completely understand about having to get on with the actual work you do, and the requirement for rest.

To make a long story sort - let me know when you want to continue, or if you prefer not to.

Regards,

- J
    - John

Thanks

No, really I do appreciate your input, I was trying to be polite because you have come to the party more than I expected, for which I am truly grateful. I never thought that my site was deserving of your interest.

I have learned a lot and sometimes it helps not to have a cookie cutter solution as that way, one gets to actually explore the code and learn how it works.

The weird thing is that some of the hits I have had on my site are as a result of wrong spelling - go figure. I was looking at meta tags but see search engines do not use them, a very small percentage of my market base are Internet literate and that is why I like to present stuff in a "built for dummies by a dummy" kind of way. The trouble is that I tend to inundate visitors with information and I have learned that from an internet perspective, folk have short attention spans, hard in my game to be brief

But whatever you have, that will improve the site performance wise, will be greatly appreciated, hope you did not take my remarks as a snub, if so I apologize

Oh and BTW, I have implemented all your suggestion correctly now, I had the search script in the wrong scripts folder.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No, I didn't mean to say I thought it was a snub, though I can see how it may have come across that I thought it was. It's just that as I say, from time to time I get involved in these things and it can get a bit much for the person whose site it actually is. I wanted to give you an out. I've been doing this so long that it really just rolls off my back as to whether anyone cares what I say or not.

I just noticed that if you:

Back to Renovate

from the Omni Menu, you get to:

renovate/renovate.htm

Which has a link to:

renovate/Flooring.htm

Which is referred to in the Omni Menu as:

renovate/flooring.htm

So when navigated to it as Flooring.htm, it is not removed from Omni.

Now I don't know which it actually is, or if you have two of them. Usually a server will not find a page or any file or folder if the upper and lower case don't match up, perhaps your server is not like that though, some are not. But for our script code that drops items from the Omni Menu, case matters. That can be fixed by one very simple addition:

Code:
    menuItems: (function(ar){
    	var lp = new RegExp((location.pathname).replace(/^.*(\/[^\/]+)$/, '$1'), 'i');
    	for (var i = ar.length - 1; i > -1; --i){
    		if(ar[i][1] && lp.test(ar[i][1])){
    			ar.splice(i, 1);
    		}
    	}
    	return ar;
    })([["Traviata Kelida AC3", "../renovate/flooring.htm", "_self"],
    ["Traviata Supreme AC4", "../renovate/AC4.htm", "_self"],
    ["Traviata Prestige AC5", "../renovate/AC5.htm", "_self"],
    ["Allure Waterproof", "../renovate/Allure.htm", "_self"],
    ["Traviata Home Page", "http://www.traviata.co.za", "_blank"],
    ["Navigate"],
    ["Back to Renovate", "../renovate/renovate.htm", "_self"] //no comma after last entry
    ])}; // REQUIRED!! do not edit or remove
    - John

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

Bernie Kruger (11-29-2009)

Thanks

Did that and tested locally and it deals with all links in the same manner not published yet. The use of caps is just my bad but I understand the problem, didn't think it could affect the script.

Thanks

Where does one set the position of where the lightbox appears on screen?

I looked at the css file and need to get it about 10-15% vertically up on the screen.

I've tried various settings which I undid, but nothing.

I assume one sets that here somehow?

Code:
    #outerImageContainer{ position: relative; background-color: #fff; 
    width: 250px; height: 250px; margin: 0 auto; }
    #imageContainer{ padding: 10px; }
    ETA:

The image enlargement is 500px high so I want it so that when it displays, it does not hide the description behind the task bar
    Last edited by Bernie Kruger; 12-02-2009 at 07:24 PM.