Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lightbox (I think)

Thanks

I republished the page and removed all other images barring the one with the lightbox effect. Like I said, it works stand-alone but not in the frames but there is conflict with the slideshow.

I'll look at the script

Thanks

Slideshow is back with new script, going to test in frames now.

Just did and in frames, the lightbox is somehow disabled. Are there any commands in the script of lightbox that are frame sensitive?

Thanks

I found the glitch, it is in lightbox.js

Code:
        forceLocal: true,     // set to true to force lightbox into a frame or iframe 
                               // (default: false) - will allow lighbox effect to appear on the top page of an iframe if any
    It is set as false so I think I am OK with this now, thanx for the help

Thanks
    Thanked 3,421 Times in 3,382 Posts
    Blog Entries

Upload the new simplegalery script to the server, and the test page too if it has changed. I can't tell anything more the way it is now. BTW, I'm tending to assume that it is images in the simple gallery that are intended to open the lightbox, right? Or what?

Anyways, when lightbox 2.04a is in a frame or iframe, it looks to the parent page for the script, so as to be able to open full window. This was designed to work with iframes. I'm not certain if it can be made to work with frames, we may need to disable it. Near the beginning of lightbox.js find:

Code:
    //
    //  Configuration
    //
        fileLoadingImage:        '../scripts/Lightbox204a/images/loading.gif',     
        fileBottomNavCloseImage: '../scripts/Lightbox204a/images/closelabel.gif',
        cookieForFirstLight:     false,  // use session only cookie for first light?  (true/false)

overlayOpacity: 0.8,   // controls transparency of shadow overlay

animate: true,         // toggles resizing animations
        resizeSpeed: 7,        // controls the speed of the image resizing animations (1=slowest and 10=fastest)

borderSize: 10,        // if you adjust the padding in the CSS, you will need to update this variable

forceLocal: false,     // set to true to force lightbox into a frame or iframe 
                               // (default: false) - will allow lighbox effect to appear on the top page of an iframe if any

startCallback: function(){}, // callback for ligthbox start
        startCallbackType: 'afterFinish', // scriptaculous effect callback method default = 'afterFinish'

endCallback: function(){}, // callback for lightbox end
        endCallbackType: 'afterFinish', // scriptaculous effect callback method default = 'afterFinish'

// When grouping images this is used to write: Image # of #.
    	// Change it for non-english localization
    	labelImage: "Image",
    	labelOf: "of"

// End Configuration -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Change it to true to force lightbox into the frame.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Its all fixed and working fine, I figured out the force local, after I asked the Q.

Now I gotta go see a client make some real money - hopefully

Thanx for all the help

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm looking at your pages and they are working. But you could get more by adding a group name in square brackets to all the floor samples' rel="loghtbox" attribute:

Code:
    <a href="../Renovate/Images/Traviata/LargeSample/M1086Beech.jpg" rel="lightbox[flooring]">
    Add the same one to all of the samples, ex for another:

Code:
    <a href="../Renovate/Images/Traviata/LargeSample/M1085ClassicOak.jpg" rel="lightbox[flooring]">
    This will enable the next/previous feature where hovering over the larger image will produce next/previous buttons to navigate to (in this case) the larger images of the next and previous samples without closing the lightbox.

On another front, the minified version of jQuery is better because, though a larger file, it downloads and runs more quickly. You can get it here:

http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs.../jquery.min.js

Right click and save as:

jquery-1.2.6.min.js
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    Well, I'm looking at your pages and they are working. But you could get more by adding a group name in square brackets to all the floor samples' rel="loghtbox" attribute:

Code:
    <a href="../Renovate/Images/Traviata/LargeSample/M1086Beech.jpg" rel="lightbox[flooring]">
    Add the same one to all of the samples, ex for another:

Code:
    <a href="../Renovate/Images/Traviata/LargeSample/M1085ClassicOak.jpg" rel="lightbox[flooring]">
    This will enable the next/previous feature where hovering over the larger image will produce next/previous buttons to navigate to (in this case) the larger images of the next and previous samples without closing the lightbox.
    OK I did this and there is no next previous buttons, I did see the images for them in the image folder, they don't show up but when clicking the right part of the image it goes next and previous on the left part of the image, the image being the large sample of the floor in the lightbox.

On another front, the minified version of jQuery is better because, though a larger file, it downloads and runs more quickly. You can get it here:

http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs.../jquery.min.js

Right click and save as:

jquery-1.2.6.min.js
    Installed this, I am guessing this is for the slide-show? I changed the reference from the older 1.2.6 query to reference this one, it killed the slideshow. Am I missing your intent here?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, on your current live page you have:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-1.2.6.pack.js"></script>

<style type="text/css">

/*Make sure your page contains a valid doctype at the top*/
    #simplegallery1{ //CSS for Simple Gallery Example 1
    position: relative; /*keep this intact*/
    visibility: hidden; /*keep this intact*/
    border: 0px solid #c0c0c0;
    }

#simplegallery1 .gallerydesctext{ //CSS for description DIV of Example 1 (if defined)
    text-align: left;
    padding: 2px 5px;
    }

</style>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../Renovate/scripts/jquery-1.2.6.pack.js"></script>
    Only the second one has the script at the src attribute given. If you substituted the minified version (it's not new, just compressed in a different way, in fact the simple gallery cannot in its present form use the most recent version of jQuery) for the one that wasn't working and left the other one there, that could cause problems, or you may have done something else off. But I tested it here and it works. If you put up a demo of the problem I could be more specific. In any case, since it is doing nothing, you should get rid of that first tag.

In another matter - in Opera the lightbox is not working. To fix that - move (don't just copy) both omni slide scripts to the last thing before the closing </head> tag:

Code:
     . . . xt/javascript" src="../scripts/Lightbox204a/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"></script>
    	<script type="text/javascript" src="../scripts/Lightbox204a/js/lightbox.js" ></script>

<script src="../Renovate/scripts/mmenu.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="../Renovate/scripts/menuItems.js" type="text/javascript">
    /***********************************************
    * Omni Slide Menu script -  John Davenport Scheuer: http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/
    * very freely adapted from Dynamic-FX Slide-In Menu (v 6.5) script- by maXimus
    * This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
    * Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full original source code
    ***********************************************/</script>

</head>

<body topmargin="0" leftmarg . . .
    Now as to your question about the next/previous buttons not showing up, the path to their files in lightbox.css is probably wrong, or they are not there. You may use absolute paths there to avoid confusion. But if you are using relative paths, they should be relative to the lightbox.css file, not to the page that uses them. Once again, a live demo of the problem would help me be more specific.
    - John

Thanks

I published the AC5 page withe next previous missing elements, changed the js query back to the old one but in the AC4 page you will see where I redefined but is now "remarked" out

Thanks

Just redid the menu moves and deleted the extra tag, looking into the paths on css.