Thread: Lightbox image appears low on page

Thanks

Default Lightbox image appears low on page

1) Script Title:
    Lightbox 2.04

2) Script URL (on DD):
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tbox/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
    I struggled for ages with an older version, which I couldn't get to work at all and then found this one - and it works - almost!
    BUT the enlarged image appears at the very bottom of the screen, even though the clicked link image is in the centre. Why is this and how can I change it, please? NB there is an iframe on my page - it's a booking calendar. I'm not very techy and I just import that from a third party - surely that shouldn't affect the Lightbox?
    ALSO, how do I change the colour of the background to the enlarged image (once I've got it to centre)? I'm sure I read somewhere that you can.
    Many thanks in advance.

Thanks

Continued ...
    I should have made it clearer - the image is actually half off the page, not just at the bottom. You have to scroll up to see it.

Thanks

You should post a link to your page, unless your stating its a bug? Do you see the same thing happen on the demo page that is happening on your page?

Thanks

No the demo page works fine with images centred. (Presume you mean the tree and the watery scene on the url above).
    I have no idea whether it's a bug - I hoped there would be a way to tweak the code to adjust the height. I can't post a link as the page is unfinished and not uploaded yet - although if this is necessary I probably can do it even so. I am very much an amateur at all this and feeling my way.
    What sort of fault would cause this to happen?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,192 Times in 3,155 Posts
    Blog Entries

First things that leap to mind are that you have no valid URL DOCTYPE for the page, and/or - because the script you say you are using is a bit dated, it just isn't up to the task. The latest version is 2.04. The one you linked to in your post is version 1.0.

Anyways, I could be wrong about part or all of this. The only way to really tell would be to have a link to the page so we could be able to snoop around it and see what's what:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Now I know you said the page isn't up anywhere yet. But you also said that it could be if required for us to help you. It is.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

seabird (11-25-2009)

Thanks

Thanks John you are a superstar.
    You were right, I had no DOCTYPE, and now I've added one, and the problem is instantly solved!
    I am very grateful.
    I didn't know about doctypes, so I looked at W3 page on them, added one, and bingo! A friend said she thought Dreamweaver automatically included the doctype but mine didn't - maybe because it's an old version.

I'll ask a separate question about changing the colour in a new thread. Thank you again.
    Mary