Thread: .swf file dragged to .fla does not work?

Thanks

Question .swf file dragged to .fla does not work?

I am new to web design I have dreamweaver and Flash courses completed but have 6 months at this. I have taken a bite of more than I can chew. I am a 3D Cad designer. Have been for years.....wow....web design.....I have respect........very hard. Well here is the problem. I took some free advanced templates I got off the internet to use for my jobs company presentation. I am modifying it with FLASH CS3 Pro. I created a picture slideshow .swf file. It dose work when viewed in flash player. When I insert the (file to stage in 1st timeline keyframe) on to a stage in a layer in a .fla file it shows as a black box or has shown as the first pic in the slide show blinking. It dose not work. I have converted the .swf to a .avi and a .mov file and imported to the library and dragged to the stage and none of these have worked. Ohhh yes after dragging the file to stage I did change the
    (properties frame lable to the file name). I am lost......and ready to lose my mind...can someone help? before I check into the insain asylum.

Thanks

Smile Thanks for helping

Thank you for helping me.

Kent

Thanks

So, let me get this straight.

You have one SWF file that is a working picture slideshow. And now you want to import it into another FLA project?

Is that correct?

If so, what method did you use to create the picture slideshow? Is it done on the timeline or programmatically? Are you writing in AS2 or AS3?

There could be a ton of things going on here. The least of which is your use of a free templates. In my experience, Flash templates available from a large majority of the online vendors are horrible examples of coding.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Medyman For This Useful Post:

davelf (12-08-2009)

Thanks

Medyman:
    I am using AS3 and yes I am trying to import a .swf to an .fla. I gave up and got around this. I imported a 4800x200 px .jpg into my library. I inserted a simbol into a motion tween timeline. Then inserted the .jpg in the 1st frame inserted a 2nd frame and potioned the .jpg to ending position. I duplicated the first 2 pics on the end of the .jpg then looped the motion tween. I now have created a horizontal picture scroller slideshow.
    It kinda looks blurry when the pics move. I tried to adjust my settings in publishing. As for writing coding I do not have much experience.
    Thanks for you reply.

Thanks

hi medyman i have the same problem too.

i follow your tutorial at this post : http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=11672

i follow that tutorial, the flash work but the external swf error.

David Demetrius // davejob

Thanks

Just want to update, my problem have been fixed. All of medyman tutorial at the older post correct. Thx medyman...

David Demetrius // davejob

Thanks

davelf,
    thanks for the link to the post with the tutorial
    as it will help us all. medyman, good advice on adding a preloader