Thread: DDsmooth menu shadow effect in IE8

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default DDsmooth menu shadow effect in IE8

1) Script Title/ url: DDsmooth menu

3) Describe problem:
    I did a quick search of DD and I haven't found anything like this. The site was designed to IE7 (I don't use IE8..yesyes, naughty developer), but a client showed me how the shadow effect under the DDsmooth menu flyouts are not removing consistently in IE8.

The problem seems to occur mainly on pages that do not include the ultimate fade-in slideshow (i.e., not the home page).

If anyone using IE8 could duplicate this issue or offer a possible solution, I'd be appreciative. Please view the site here. Thanks!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Have you been able to duplicate the issue yourself? Using IE8 and giving your page a quick spin, I don't see the issue. The remnant shadow issue as far as I was aware mainly occurred in either IE6 or 7, but not IE8. Regardless though, I have yet to track down the cause, which is why inside the script there is an option to disable the shadow if it becomes a problem.
    DD Admin

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I duplicated the problem on my client's computer (XP Pro; it happened on about half of all page loads, except on the home page, where it did not occur), and I haven't been able to duplicate it since on other machines. But I don't have IE8 on my own machine (and I'm not yet motivated quite enough to install it), so I haven't done extensive tests.

Mostly, I wanted to check if anyone had an existing solution; I was already resolved to disable the shadow effect if I had to.

thanks very much!
    Last edited by traq; 11-14-2009 at 01:16 AM.