1) Script Title: Accordion Menu script (v1.7.1)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ordionmenu.htm

3) Describe problem:

I'm trying to achieve a particular graphical effect, such that the submenus are visually integrated with their menu headers when expanded (see the sidebar menu here). However, I temporarily lose this effect while a menu is collapsing, because the header does not remain in an active/selected state, so the collapsing menu looks detached from its header. Is there a way I could make the header remain in an active or selected state until the collapsing animation completes? Can I somehow delay the selected-to-unselected class toggle by the value of animatespeed?

I'm having a second problem with the accordion menu in IE6 (assuming IETester is rendering accurately): When I navigate to a page with an accordion header initially expanded, the background images of the submenu LIs are not appearing. When I click other headers to expand them, the background images then appear immediately. This probably has something to do with another script I'm using that forces IE to render png transparency (it's called DD_belatedPNG.js and can be found here). Does anyone know of a workaround for this, maybe force the initially opened submenu to refresh somehow? Perhaps there's an alternate script for png transparency in IE6 that would not cause this rendering issue in my accordion menus?

Thanks for helping a javascript n00b (and thanks DD for making scripts easy to plug & play)!