Thread: How I may confirm the mobile phone number of customers like confirm the email address

Thanks

Default How I may confirm the mobile phone number of customers like confirm the email address

How I may confirm the mobile phone number of customers like confirm the email address? I guess via reply SMS, how in Java/jsp or/and PHP or/and CFM?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

you mean, confirm that it's a properly formatted phone number, or confirm that it belongs to the person who submitted it?

A simple regex will suffice in the first case; but if you want to know the phone number is legit, you'll just have to call them and see if they answer.

Thanks

I MEAN UPON ENTERING YOUR MOBILE NUMBER field validated and after site auto sends a message to user with code to enter to site ...?

Thanks

or user sends with its mobile phone a code from confirm page via sms always?

Thanks

Site ask user to send a webpage code, with his mobile, to particular number of the company...

Thanks

ANY CODE TO MADE THISE FUNTION IN MY DEVELOPER? Ni try fount confirmphone.php

Thanks

I would say that you could send via sms a pin number and on the webpage show the user a page that has form fields for the user to enter their mobile number and the pin number sent to it. As far as how to execute this plan, the way you would want to do it is have a table in your database for mobile number and pin number. In your PHP script, have a random number generator search the db to see if the generated pin is in use and if it is then have the script repeat until it makes one that is not already in use. In order to send the SMS message, you could have the user choose their carrier from a list, then use the mail function in conjunction with this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ng_SMS_transit

Hope this helps.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design