Thread: Insert into an array list

Thanks

Default Insert into an array list

I am currently working on a schedule function. I do not have a database. So i am trying to insert the data from the form into an array list. But i do not have any idea on how to insert the data into the array list. Is there any way to do this ? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Javascript is no substitute for a database. That said, you can easily create an array:

Code:
    var a = [];
    Then you can insert things into it:

Code:
    a.push('Hey There!');
    The problem (if you are looking at this as a database) is that after the page is unloaded, a will no longer be defined, and the 'Hey There' that was pushed into it will be lost. On a limited basis, some stuff like this can be preserved in a javascript client side cookie, but those may be disabled or erased easily by users, sometimes inadvertently. This is in contrast to a server side database which can only be altered by the user as you allow.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

If you have a need to preserve the input, without using a database, then you could try doing this using a 'flat' file, eg csv