Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow Effect

Thanks

Question Snow Effect

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/snow.htm

I would like this DD to follow down the whole page. Is there someone that can direct me on how to do this?

Thanks. Irish.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,421 Times in 3,382 Posts
    Blog Entries

What doctype are you using on the page? If most any, the script needs to be updated. Change all instances of:

document.body

in the script to:

iecompattest()

Then, add this just below the credit block:
    Code:
    function iecompattest(){
    return (document.compatMode && document.compatMode.indexOf("CSS")!=-1)? document.documentElement : document.body
    }
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default snow effect

i am in a web page in frontpage...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Do the modification, see what happens.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default snow effect

Thank you for the help john. umm... now there is a "out of memory at line __" error... trying to figure it out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

To tell you the truth, I was working earlier today on a modification of the snow script that made bubbles move up the page. I discovered that that script was a bit cpu intensive, to put it mildly. The snow one probably is also, since it uses the same basic movement engine. I found that the Autumn Leaves script was a bit more PC friendly. You might consider using it with snowflake images, I think it also needs the above modification (iecompattest) though. Still, might just be your implementation, post a link to what you've got and I'll check it out.
    - John

Thanks

Default snow effect

I am actually working on the snow effect using clovers since this is an irish site... lol.. leave it to the irish to be difficult... i am actually working on two probs, the second being my sound not loading properly... i got the new code to load but it is still drifting down partially... shouldnt there be a calculation within the code that specifies how far down the page, or up the page in the bubble instance... if i find a solution to your or my prob before your next post i will let you know... good luck with the bubble effect.... it's always fun trying to re-route everything to how you want something to present itself... Irish

Thanks

sorry... the testing site is: http://members.shaw.ca/anirishtouch/

Irish

Thanks

I see what you were talking about with the leaves effect... it covers the whole page... now all i have to do is reduce the swaying effect... thanks for your help... Irish
    Last edited by irishcavan; 09-21-2005 at 11:31 PM.

Thanks

Does the snow fall effect work on MSN groups. Ive been trying for hours to get it to work and its not. Can someone help me? I'm quite the newb at this.