Thread: Featured Content Slider v2.4 pause 1 slide longer than others

Thanks

Default Featured Content Slider v2.4 pause 1 slide longer than others

1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider v2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: I need to pause the first slide longer than the rest. I would assume that i would do this in the onchange portion of the javascript in the init function, but what is the syntax to do so?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is actually a bit more complex than may at first appear, but after a bit of trial and error this looks pretty good. I found it best to add another function - prolong, to deal with the first time around, here's an example of what to do:

Code:
    featuredcontentslider.init({
    	id: "slider1",  //id of main slider DIV
    	contentsource: ["inline", ""],  //Valid values: ["inline", ""] or ["ajax", "path_to_file"]
    	toc: "#increment",  //Valid values: "#increment", "markup", ["label1", "label2", etc]
    	nextprev: ["Previous", "Next"],  //labels for "prev" and "next" links. Set to "" to hide.
    	revealtype: "click", //Behavior of pagination links to reveal the slides: "click" or "mouseover"
    	enablefade: [true, 0.2],  //[true/false, fadedegree]
    	autorotate: [true, 3000],  //[true/false, pausetime]
    	enablepersist: false, //true/false - defaults to false
    	random: false, //true/false - defaults to false (requires autorotate be set to true with a pausetime)
    	prolong: function(){
    		this.contentdivs[0].style.visibility = 'visible';
    		this.contentdivs[0].style.display = 'block';
    		this.prolong = function(){};
    	},
    	onChange: function(previndex, curindex){  //event handler fired whenever script changes slide
    		//previndex holds index of last slide viewed b4 current (1=1st slide, 2nd=2nd etc)
    		//curindex holds index of currently shown slide (1=1st slide, 2nd=2nd etc)
    		if(!this.autorotate[0] || curindex !== 1) return;
    		var setting = this;
    		featuredcontentslider.cleartimer(this, window['fcsautorun' + this.id]);
    		this.prolong.apply(this);
    		window['fcsautorun' + this.id] = setTimeout(function(){featuredcontentslider.autorotate(setting);}, this.autorotate[1]);
    	}
    })
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate