Thread: Infinite Menus - about linking visibility and how many pages links must be on

Thanks

Question Infinite Menus - about linking visibility and how many pages links must be on

Script: Infinite Menus
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm

Hello. I'm a little confused about the Infinite Menus script. On it's Dynamic Drive page, you state:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Drive
    On all pages that use Infinite Menus, a visible link back to Dynamic Drive must be present on that page.
    This page on the OpenCube.com web site states:
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenCube.com
    The menu will check for the existence of the link, if the link is not found a purchase reminder message will be displayed. To disable the message add the link below to the body of any page containing the menu.
    And this page on the OpenCube.com web site states:
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenCube.com
    Save money by adding a link in your page to OpenCube, the link can even be hidden! The menu automatically unlocks with the link and is 100% identical to the purchased version.
    Am I misunderstanding something here, or is Dynamic Drive requiring a visible link on every single page that uses the menu, while OpenMenu makes the same software available, also for free, but requires a link to OpenCube.com only on one page and it may be hidden?

On your Infinite Menus script page you state:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Drive
    Infinite Menus is a commercial program that's offered exclusively to visitors of Dynamic Drive for free.
    But it's not available exclusively to visitors of Dynamic Drive for free, is it? It's also offered for free on the OpenCube.com web site, is it not?

Please forgive me if I'm missing something here, but this all just seems very strange to me.
    Last edited by phillyuser; 07-18-2006 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi:
    Basically Opencube is offering DD visitors the same license as you would find on their site (free with link back) with only minor differences in the two software. I understand your confusion- in essense, you can download the software from either sources, conforming to the respective usage terms for it.

Thanks

Hi,

A link must be included on each page that uses the menu with both the OpenCube and DynamicDrive download. We don't get detailed on the OpenCube site about the the link requirements because there really aren't any, except that it exists in the body of each page containing the menu and points to opencube, this is the same for the dynamicdrive version, however we both hope that users make the links visible.

Its assumed the link must be on each page as its not possible from a code standpoint to do it any other way. It also states this within the software itself.

I can't argue the samantecs of the exclusive wording, dynamic drive will have to chime in on that one. But we do exclusively allow dynamicdrive to offer the free version. It's all a win-win, if you want to use commercial software for free and also help spread the word about dynamicdrive or opencube with a link, then IM is a good choice.

-Jesse

OpenCube Inc.

Thanks

HELP! I have the infinite menus on my site as well as the required link back to dynamic drive (I tried putting it on the left, now in the middle... where does it need to be?) but I still get the pop up box saying I must pay for it.

What did I do wrong? Is it not available anymore?

http://www.catzeyes93.com

Edit: Nevermind. I saw on the open cube site a little diddly about making sure the "free option" was enabled on the add on manager area. (gawd I am such a noob!)
    Last edited by CatzEyes93; 09-14-2006 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks

I have the code as stated in the first post to, link is now broken.

I have been using it in testing for around 3 months.

Now that we have moved it to a server, we are getting the error "infinite menus must be purchased for internet use."

I will gladly add there refrence link....

I cant find what I need to add on either dd or open cube...

Any help!!!

Thanks

This is because you are using a trial version of "Infinite menus" You can find the solution here http://fablex.wordpress.com/2008/08/...et-use-pop-up/