Thread: Height declaration/Menu using Images.

Thanks

Default Height declaration/Menu using Images.

1) Script Title:
    switch menu

2) Script URL (on DD):
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...switchmenu.htm

3) Describe problem:
    First Problem---I've never done this before.
    Second Problem---I'm cute, but not that bright....okay I'm not that cute.

In the .menutitle css instructions an image width is declared but not an image height which I believe is controlled elsewhere in the body by a font command; however, I plan to use all images (480 x 60). Do I need to add a height declaration (and a padding) or will the size of the image set its height itself?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dan F. View Post
    Do I need to add a height declaration (and a padding)
    No. You can, but the browser will just show the image in its native dimensions if you don't. At least to start out it's probably better that you do not.

Once you've set things up though, if they don't look quite the way you like, you may experiment with various styles to see if they improve things or not.

And, since you may or may not have a thorough understanding of how the styles work, if you don't - at that point feel free to ask specific questions about that. You can even post a link (recommended) to a live demo of your menu on your site, so we can play with it to help get it to look the way you want.

But let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope things look OK 'right out of the box', they often do.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate