Thread: AnyLink Menu External Anchor Links

Thanks

Default AnyLink Menu External Anchor Links

1) Script Title: AnyLink Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

3) Describe problem: Is it possible to also make it so the anchor links are called externally for this menu? I am currently using HVMenu on several very large sites, but have found that the menu font has issues and appears much larger than intended due to zoom and magnify on newer browsers.

One site in particular I'm creating is a Christmas site that is already over 200 pages and the menu will be changing a lot in the next year. AnyLink menu would be great for this site if I could also make the anchor links external.

If that's not possible, is there another menu you would suggest where the entire menu is external but the styling, including fonts, is all controlled through CSS?

Thanks,
    Deborah
    Deborah Whipp
    Web Designer
    Tallahassee, FL
    www.DWWebDesigns.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately not easily. Even if the anchor links were embedded using Ajax and from an external file, you would still need to add an empty DIV on each of the affected pages and tell the script to insert the anchor link inside that DIV- in other words, modification to each page would still be necessary.

Since each anchor link contains a certain CSS class and rel attribute, such as:

Code:
    <p><a href="http://www.dynamicdrive.com" class="menuanchorclass" rel="anylinkmenu1">Default Example</a></p>
    your best bet should be just to target either that class or rel attribute inside your external CSS file to affect its font.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Well, I'm going to have to go into every page anyway to remove the HVMenu code, and replace that with the new menu I find. Could you possibly give me instructions on using AnyLink menu to accomplish this, or is this too complicated? I'm not sure if that would be getting in over my head, but I definitely need to find an external menu where I can control the font with CSS. The Christmas site will be launching late this year, but is something I will be adding to regularly over the next few years and will eventually be 300-400 pages.
    Thanks,
    Deborah
    Deborah Whipp
    Web Designer
    Tallahassee, FL
    www.DWWebDesigns.com