Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Media Player problem

Thanks

Default Windows Media Player problem

For some reason I am getting an error message that says that my Widows Media Player is not compatable. I am using Widows XP Home edition and this has just started to pop up when i try to use the Media player. Can anyone give me a clue in where to look for help.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Widows So apt.
    Anyway... can you post the exact message you get?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Default Media Player problem

Sorry about the typo, probably won't be the last one.. Below is the message I get when I try to use the media player.

This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft web site.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No, I loved it
    Hm... what version of Windows are you running? If XP, try downloading/installing WMP10. Warning: validation/"genuine advantage" rubbish required.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

I am running Windows XP Home edition. I tried downloading the program you suggested and when i try to run it I get the same error message.

Thanks

See if "Windows Media Technologies" is in your Add/Remove programs list.

If it is, remove it and reinstall WMP10.
    I've only got Windows Media Technologies errors from my Server 2003 systems, never from normal user systems.

cr3ative
    A retired member, drop me a line through my site if you'd like to find me!
    cr3ative media | read the stickies

Thanks

I checked and Windows Media Tech. is not in my list? Seems very strange to me. It just stopped working this week.

Thanks

I have the same problem and it really sucks
    It is not in my add/remove programs. I tried to check the microsoft website but no help. It says
    This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft web site.

I went to the link it had and all it showed was to download mplayer 11. I did and it still didn't work. It also said that the wmv.core.dll something was needed. I downloaded it but I don't know what to with it from there...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ah, welcome to DLL hell. Try http://www.dllfiles.com/. Place the required files in your system32 directory.

Thanks

I did that and it still didn't work this sucks