Thread: Anylink Drop Down Menu and Firefox, brief drop-up?

Thanks

Default Anylink Drop Down Menu and Firefox, brief drop-up?

Hey all.

First of all, thanks for a very nice script. It works great in IE, no problems there. But I have one little problem... In Firefox, whenever I move the mouse cursor over my menu, the hidden divs seem to first appear briefly on top of the anchor menu link, and then drops down below the anchor link like it should. This is what happens step-by-step:

1. The menu first drops here, but only for some milliseconds (enough to see it, though)

--- MY ANCHOR MENU LINK 1 ---

2. The menu drops here

Yes, I have tried to replace the dropmenuobj.style.top=dropmenuobj.y-clearbrowseredge(obj, "bottomedge")+obj.offsetHeight+"px" line in Anylink.js with dropmenuobj.style.top=dropmenuobj.y+obj.offsetHeight+"px", but the drop down menu still briefly drops up in Firefox when I hover my mouse cursor over one of my anchor links.

Any suggestions, ideas or solutions? Thank you all on beforehand, any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Kasper.

Thanks

I have worked with anylink.js enough now to guess at what I need help with. I would like to know if it's possible in any way to statically define the totaloffset returned by getposOffset() - if yes, how is that possible? How would the syntax look?

OR

Is it possible to alter anylink.js in such a way that it gets ALL of it's information about distance from left, top etc., and THEN display the drop down? As it is now, it gets some of the info after displaying the menu, which makes it a bit buggy in Firefox. (The way I see it, that is. Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
    Last edited by KasperTi; 09-08-2005 at 08:54 PM.