Thread: Header thought process

Thanks

Default Header thought process

Hi All,

I've been experimenting with creating headers, and have found it to be a lot of fun!

I'm wondering if some of the more experienced header-creators might share their thought process, as how they get their ideas, how they get started, and approach header graphics?

I've been making a few product-based headers, and what I'm noticing for me, as I'm making more and more of them, is that I start with a feeling of how the main product "feels" to me -- hard or soft, bright or dark, metallic, etc. This informs the color palette, graphics choices, any lines or other elements, etc.

I'm not really sure what else I can add, as I am just beginning. But that's what I've noticed.

Thanks

making headers are quite fun really... and easy to deal with as long as you know the subject of the site... i'm guessing you're making headers for websites... they're the ones that attract people the most... so in making one, you need to let it portray the whole point of the site...it can be simple or complex, it depends on the theme of the site...as long as it give the message... use themes that resembles the rest of the site, don't use colors or graphics that might interfere with the rest or that might make the center of attractions instead of the site itself...

Thanks

Put a logo, choice the right font, find the perfect colour combinations and you have an impressive header.

Thanks

make a design for your logo, make it attractive, the right font and the color or the style of your logo must combine to your theme.

Thanks

I am web designer and create templates. I have own website and my logo is a pencil.I associate it with graphic.