Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disable Ctrl Print Screen on Website

Thanks

Default Disable Ctrl Print Screen on Website

Does anyone know of a way to do this? I have the disable right click, disable left click, and cut-and-paste code. How about Ctrl Print Screen? Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks

Thats an operating system command, not a web browser command.
    Therefore without very intrusive coding (i.e ActiveX etc) this can't be done.

Also, your right-click, left-click and cut and paste scripts are rendered useless by anyone like me who runs FireFox.

cr3ative
    A retired member, drop me a line through my site if you'd like to find me!
    cr3ative media | read the stickies

Thanks

yes, there is a way... search google, there is a script for that...
    people can still rip from your page, not only using firefox, but disabling javascript... even if you prevent all this, someone who really wants your images will get them for sure! no way around it... not to mention you had to make them all non-cachable (going to internet files is the easiest way).

then, you can encrypt your code, and this will put an end on 99,999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all users stealing your HTML, but not your images... disbaling javascript will still make printscreen available, yet with encrypted code anyway...

so no way around it... you can use watermaks, but that sucks...
    as for me, I use many protection scripts on my site, but only to make things harder...the site is supposed to show covers and info... but this way, people won't take them so easily, what may prevent easy stealers to take them and post them on their own sites. still I had to make some people take away text they had taken from my site...

Thanks

Some people are mad if you ask me.

Why bother? Come on, what harm is it if someone copies a bit of text. You're trying to change the way the internet works. All information that you want to send to the user, is sent to the user. What you're trying to do is stop the user getting any information in the first place. And the only way to do that is to not have a website in the first place.

How many 'big' companies do you seeing hiding all their content away behind anoying alert boxes, and buggy scripts exploting holes in IE.

All information the user sees is sent to their computer, it's how it works, if you don't want them to see it, don't send it.

Are we not out of the age of hiding stuff yet? We should be aiming at all building valid pages, not worrying about hiding what we got. If someone wanted your source, they'd steal it, if someone wanted your pictures, they'd take them, all you're stopping is the innocent user who is intrested in your page.

My few cents worth.

Thanks

Yeh but if you sell on eBay or from your website you dont want other people stealing your hard work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calum112
    Yeh but if you sell on eBay or from your website
    If you're selling material, you shouldn't be putting it on the Web at a quality worth stealing. Why would anyone pay you, other than out of the goodness of their heart, if they can take the exact same product for free?

If what you're selling is digital (high resolution images, music, literature, etc), then put it behind a secure system and only allow access to customers that have paid.

Common sense. It's a wonderful thing.

Mike

Thanks

Yea, very well said. A simple way is just to break things up.

In images - put watermarks bang across the middle of images, not just little things off to the edge, they can be cropped out.

In music, play only samples, or stream it low quality, but insure you still have words over it in some sections so it cant be copied from the sound card.

In website designs/templates - take a screen shot, and lower the resolution and colors in it, people cant then steal code, or cut it up into their own code.

Not knowing what you're doing can't be sure, but all those above will help.
    A little more information on what you're doing and we'd love to dream up ideas to help you better.

Thanks

Further to be post above, are you selling PHP script or something similiar? That would be hard to protect if you are showing the source before sale. The best I could really advice for that is setup a demo of the script, and then just provide a very limited demo version for anyone who wants to see any coding.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mwinter
    If you're selling material, you shouldn't be putting it on the Web at a quality worth stealing. Why would anyone pay you, other than out of the goodness of their heart, if they can take the exact same product for free?
    Obviously they would rather steal it than pay for it.

What I ment was: If you have a product and have spent hours making your own description and pictures to promote and encourage people to buy it. You don't want some git to come along and copy an paste all your work on to their website. If you're prepared to put the time in, then they shouldn't steal it - If anyone argues with that then they shouldn't be on this side of bars!

Case settled - Common sense is nothing without a brain

Thanks

It still stands though, if you are selling a product that isn't digital, all they would be doing is taking pictures of your product. It would be like Chevy putting 2005 Mustangs on their site...they still can't sell what they don't have...