Thread: Dreamweaver / Search Help

Thanks

Default Dreamweaver / Search Help

Hi, I've been a couple of simple shopping sites through Dreamweaver.

One feature all products - www.drinkemporium.com - the other just a selection of products (one kind) - www.vodkaemporium.com.

At the moment, the two sites use separate databases, with the vodka stuff duplicated in its own db. I'd like to combine both sites to use a single db.

However, I've hit a problem. Both sites use a simple search engine. How do I set the vodka site to only search the vodka products in my db? Product types are set by an entered value in one of the db columns.

My SQL code looks like this:

SELECT *
    FROM drinkemporium
    WHERE Name LIKE CONCAT('%', colname, '%') OR Description LIKE CONCAT('%', colname2, '%')

I need to add another criteria telling it to only search results where Type = X and not Y or Z.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

just add to the where clause

Code:
    SELECT * FROM `drinkemporium` WHERE (`Name` LIKE CONCAT('%', colname, '%') OR `Description` LIKE CONCAT('%', colname2, '%')) AND `Type`='X'

Thanks

hi,
    Does anybody have a shopping cart script that can be used to create an online shopping website.

I'm a novice and do not know how to write code but am interested in web creation as a personal hobby.

Any help will be much appreciated.