Thread: Text break to next line (overflow)

Thanks

Default Text break to next line (overflow)

http://operation911.5gigs.com/inhist...fdocuments.htm

As you can see I have a background that simply has a line in it on the far right side, but I do not want any of my content to go beyond further right than this line, essentially to <br> when it reaches a certain number of pixels onto the page without me having to format every single page on the site with <br>s where they need to be.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Put it in a <div> of the specified size.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Well yes that would work but I was thinking of something more along the lines of in reference to my global .CSS file that is loaded into each page. I have way too manu html pages to have to spend hours putting DIVs in, if there is something I could put into mastersyle.css that would amend the problem would be great.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 3,189 Posts
    Blog Entries

I liked the effect this had on your sample page:
    Code:
    .txt {
    width:620px;
    }
    .txt p {
    text-align:justify;
    }

center {
    position:absolute;left:-53px;
    }
    Just add it as the last style blocks on masterstyle.css. I have no idea how this will effect other pages you have. Also, it appears to me that you could use a few more style hooks on your pages. And, you really should close your <p> tags properly.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 09-07-2005 at 04:01 AM.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

you could always put it in a div, and give it a class="" , then in your css specify the size of the div. then you can use it on multiple pages, and only have it 1 place. just a thought