Thread: AJAX CARS W/Simplepie

Thanks

Question AJAX CARS W/Simplepie

1) Script Title: Ajaxcars

2) Script URL (on DD):http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tent.htm#combo

3) Describe problem:

I placed the ajax code on the page (or call it externally). The web page mainly css and has a header that happens to be a .jpg

I am using simplepie to call the feed so when I use:

Code:
     <li><a href="javascript:ajaxpage('lib/cnnmarketwatch.php', 'content');">Credit crunch</a></li>
    to a div called "output" on the page, the header .jpg is dragged along with it. For a while there I thought it was just me calling a dup web page however, the simplepie page is nothing but php, no styles at all.

If I call another simplepie page that does not use any php to retrieve images from the rss/xml feed everything appears to work fine

Am I to be doing something with the following lines of code in the Ajax Content?

Code:
    var loadedobjects=""
    var rootdomain="http://"+window.location.hostname
    ---or---

Code:
    if (fileref!=""){
    document.getElementsByTagName("head").item(0).appendChild(fileref)
    loadedobjects+=file+" " //Remember this object as being already added to page
    Is this causing the Ajax to grab the .jpg from the header thinking it is part of the external file also?

Thanks

Thumbs up Fixed -- I think

I believe what my problem was, that the "complete download link" available on the code page, was not the latest and greatest.. I copied the code located right on the example page and all seems well at this time. or it was my simplepie... I was tweaking both at the same time...

Now if I could only get them both to simply extrapolate only the image, and display those one at a time....

Great script by the way, thanks!!!!