Thread: Simple Small Biz CMS?

Thanks

Default Simple Small Biz CMS?

I'm looking for a solid (code wise) CMS for small retail business (for example, tanning solons, small retail like books or coffee and so on) that has a SIMPLE admin UI. Joomla / Drupal type CMSs are a bit complicated for my customers, who are not always "tech savvy" and don't want to spend a lot of time learning a complex system.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

What exactly are you looking to accomplish (feature set wise)? You might be able to write something yourself (or have someone do it for you) if you are just looking for some simple features.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

Well, I would prefer not to write it myself... Why reinvent the wheel, and so on. And, I would be afraid that I haddn't covered all the security issues.

Something like WordPress, but more geared to general CMS tasks, not blogging.

On the other hand, I'm now wondering if there are templates geared to business for WP.

I've used both Drupal and Joomla extensively in other projects (actually became pretty proficient at building custom Joomla components), but the Admin UI is daunting to some people, particularly the menuing (sections, categories and so forth) system is a bit much for some people.

What I'm thinking about is a CMS for small retail business where the owner can manage their own website content. Many of my customers would simply choke on the complexity of the Drupal / Joomla admin UI, and don't have an interest or the skill set to be hand codeing HTML... The kind of people that would use - God help us - Front Page and are now using Word to maintain their Web presence (it's true)...

Essentially, I would design and set up the site, and the business owner would be able to maintain it.
    Last edited by JBottero; 07-25-2009 at 08:36 PM.