Advanced Search

Thread: Simple Controls Gallery v1.3; permanent text view

Thanks

Default Simple Controls Gallery v1.3; permanent text view

1) Script Title: Simple Controls Gallery v1.3

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...plegallery.htm

3) Describe problem: I'd like to keep the description in view at all times.

What I am trying to do is really combine the effect of two scripts; Simple Controls Gallery and s3Slider http://www.serie3.info/s3slider/demonstration.html.

Obviously the controls should be available only on mouse over as it is default on SCG 1.3.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

Thanks

Here's how I did it:

There are four lines in the simplegallery.js file around line 61 (on mine). The lines are:

61. setting.$wrapperdiv.bind('mouseenter', function(){slideshow.showhidenavpanel('show')})
    62. setting.$wrapperdiv.bind('mouseleave', function(){slideshow.showhidenavpanel('hide')})
    63. slideshow.showslide(setting.curimage) //show initial slide
    64 setting.oninit.call(slideshow) //trigger oninit() event

I eliminated the 1st two lines and added a new oninit handler before the last line:

setting.oninit.call(slideshow.showhidenavpanel('show')) //trigger oninit() event

The resultant block:

61. slideshow.showslide(setting.curimage) //show initial slide
    62. setting.oninit.call(slideshow.showhidenavpanel('show')) //trigger oninit() event
    63. setting.oninit.call(slideshow)

Hope this helps!

H.L.

Thanks

Hi H.L.

Thanks for the code... The text is in the view 100%; trouble is, the control panel too, which I'd like to hide and only show on mouseover and hide again on mouseout.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Default How are the divs generated from this script?

I'm working with the same Simple Controls Gallery script. I am interested in having the description on all the time, and the navigation on only on mouseover.

The other thing I'm trying to understand - and please forgive me if I would have to know more jQuery to be able to do this - is how the actual HTML divs are generated. I would like to display the gallerydesctext div BELOW the main gallerylayer div, but I'm not sure how the jQuery determines how the div order and nesting is determined. If anyone knows enough about the script to help me find the section that does that, it would be much appreciated!