Advanced Search

Thread: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v1.51) Next/Previous Buttons

Thanks

Default Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v1.51) Next/Previous Buttons

1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v1.51)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:

In version 1.5, luciorota had posted a modification to create previous/next buttons for the slideshow. I currently have this running at our website, http://www.shortrunpro.com The problem with that version is though is it doesn't work with Chrome. Some of our customers use Chrome on the site and see a white space where the slideshow is supposed to be.

I tried modifying the code to work with the new version but so much has changed and I'm honestly not that great with flash, I'm the website's designer. Was wondering if luciorota or someone else had a version with a next/previous button support? I would use swiss army knife but I like how it doesn't required to be paused to go next/prev on the Modified 1.5 version.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,126 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Use/Try:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...army/index.htm

Works fine in Chrome, otherwise same from the visitor's point of view - though more options and power than UFade. The code itself is a bit different, thought not a radical departure from UFade. If you can setup UFade, you can setup this one.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Unless I'm missing the mode or misunderstanding it though, you have to stop this slideshow to give the user control of manually going to the next/previous picture, which I don't want to do.

I like ho the current one I have was modified to reset the fade time once you clicked next/previous. It would continue going after you clicked, without hitting play again.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,126 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

OK then, try this attached version of the main script (works here in Chrome and IE 7 Firefox 3, etc.)

Attachment 2726

By way of explanation - on a hunch I changed all references to -moz-opacity/MozOpacity (outdated) to opacity.

A word to the wise though, your page is bloated with content and scripts. Even with broadband it takes some time to load and appears to consume considerable CPU resources (all those scripts and the Flash) - consider paring it down a bit.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 06-20-2009 at 04:08 AM. Reason: add info
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Hey thanks for this. Yeah we are currently in the process of revamping the entire page. I took the designer job here in November and have been slowly trying to get things a little more organized and streamlined...you should have seen it when I first took it

Again, thanks for your help.