Thread: Web site won't open in IE, but fine in other browers

Thanks

Default Web site won't open in IE, but fine in other browers

1) Script Title: AnyLink JS Drop Down Menu v2.2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

3) Describe problem: My Web site: www.alexyrs.org won't open in IE, but it works fine in Firefox, Safari and Opera.

It was working fine yesterday and I was fixing something in the /Scripts/anylinkmenu.js and it's all gone to heck. No idea what's happening here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

IE's been known to crash itself after executing a Javascript loop... Could you have put a return false somewhere it's not supposed to be?

And maybe not supporting IE is a good thing

// X96 \\
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website
    I specialize in: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux Server Administration

Thanks

I would personally LOVE to just ignore IE, but since lot of the general population still uses it, I need it to least let someone access the site.

I only have one return false in the script. I'll try taking it out and see what happens, but I'm not going to lie -- I don't understand scripts whatsoever. I've learned to mess around with things through trial and error pretty successfully, but I'm terribly stumped here.

Any further insight of what to try would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

I would personally LOVE to just ignore IE
    Me too...

I'm not that great with JavaScript... That's the only thing I could think of that may be blocking the page from loading...

Cheers
    X95+1
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website
    I specialize in: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux Server Administration

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Update anylinkmenu.js to the latest version (2.2). It includes a fix for this issue, as documented in my blog post here: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/blog.php?b=30 Only that particular file needs to be updated.
    DD Admin

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

KDAngel (06-19-2009)