Thread: Hii

Thanks

Default Hii

Hi guys I am new here.

I have made a website which is not hosted yet and would like to a rating to it, any help ? and some scripts when I put it in the body of the website it goes on the left how do I center it ?

Thanks btw great site.

Thanks

Hi,

you can use the following opitons:
    1. this centers everything that is inbetween
    <center>???</center>
    2. Use table and the align code will adjust the text inside your table to center it or what ever else you want. valign does the same for vertical alignment.
    <table border="1" width="100%">
    <tr>
    <td align="center">???</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Just insert your design where the ??? are...

Thanks

Alright thanks.

Why did I get a warning for this ? Did I do anything wrong :S ?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The warning was simply a reminder in the future to please use a more descriptive title for your thread that summaries the question, instead of "hi" for example.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Well I was new and didn't know anything so that shouldn't count as a warning, you should have just send me a private message saying don't do that again please etc.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Alankurd, don't worry about it. A warning does not count for anything and it's the only way for a moderator to contact you since new members do not have access to private messaging.

If a rule is broken, the moderators issue infractions, which do count, but in this case, I took into consideration that you are new and only gave you a warning. Some users get upset when they receive a warning but it's a good way to remind users to be careful about the rules. Like Admin said, it's just a reminder.

So, enjoy the forums and follow the rules and everything will be fine.

Best regards!
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

Yeah I understand you.

It's a good idea of reminder people, if you didn't tell me I would have carried on.

Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi,

you can use the following opitons:
    1. this centers everything that is inbetween
    <center>???</center>
    2. Use table and the align code will adjust the text inside your table to center it or what ever else you want. valign does the same for vertical alignment.
    <table border="1" width="100%">
    <tr>
    <td align="center">???</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Just insert your design where the ??? are...
    Bad coding techniques. That HTML is very old and outdated. The code that you used is not of the standard HTML version anymore. All of that can be done with CSS. It is VERY RECOMMENDED that you use the following style of coding as that which you used will be considered an invalid coding statement as to the validity of the markup. As a very important addition, using tables for layout is not recommended AT ALL. See why here. What you should do:

You can either use inline or referenced CSS code for this, and I recommend referenced which basically means that the HTML gets the CSS from a .css file. This is how to center the content with an inline CSS statement:

Code:
    <span style="text-align: center;">Your website content you want centered.</span>
    For the next example of what you should do, you will need to create a seperate .css file. In this case, it will be named "screen.css" just because. Here is the seperate CSS file.

screen.css

Code:
    .centered { text-align: center; }
    To use that, you will need to add the following code into the <head> section of the document:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="screen.css">
    Then, use the following code to center your content:

Code:
    <span class="centered">Your website content you want centered.</span>
    Alternatively, you can make the CSS in the CSS file, screen.css, be put into <style> tags in the head of your document. This is not recommended for professional websites. Insert this into the head of your document:

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    .centered { text-align: center; }
    </style>
    Then, use the following code to center your content:

Code:
    <span class="centered">Your website content you want centered.</span>
    That is the correct and safe way to do it. Have fun with making your website!
    Last edited by magicyte; 06-05-2009 at 04:49 PM.