Thread: Smooth Menu Spacing Firefox/IE

Thanks

Default Smooth Menu Spacing Firefox/IE

1) Script Title: Smooth Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...smoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem:

In firefox everything displays great.. In IE I get a 2px spacing between the nav bar and the first sub-menu.. I've tried tweaking the css every way possible but still haven't found the way to go about this.. =[

Check attachment image for details..

By the way, love the new version of this script.. Haven't updated yet since the css looks all new, so I'm a little hesitant right now..
    If the .selected part could only be used for images / multiple images.. now that'd be neat =]

Thanks in advance

-Cody

*FIXED* =]
    Last edited by Cody J; 06-02-2009 at 04:47 AM. Reason: fixed my own problem after years of playing with it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Most likely the use of images as the menu links is throwing IE off as far as each menu item's true height. Are there any paddings applied to each menu link's A or LI element in your CSS that IE may be factoring in as part of the item's height?
    DD Admin

Thanks

3) Describe problem:

In firefox everything displays great.. In IE I get a 2px spacing between the nav bar and the first sub-menu.. I've tried tweaking the css every way possible but still haven't found the way to go about this.. =[
    Hi Cody,
    I have just the opposite problem. The menu works great in IE but the display in firefox is off. The menu items overlap.
    I have included an attachment that I hope will show the problem.
    Here is the url:http://adinkado.com/index.htm

Thanks,
    Dink
    Last edited by dink; 06-02-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the url