Advanced Search

Thread: help with using scripts in homestead website

Thanks

Default help with using scripts in homestead website

1) Script Title: Expando Image script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pandoimage.htm

3) Describe problem:

I want to use some of the scripts on your site but keep running into one problem. They all ask for us to download a particular file, but I'm unsure where to download it into sitebuilder which is the design platform for homestead websites. I uploaded it to the files section (I hope that's right), but then what? For instance, here's on script I'd like to use and a step that I'm unsure of:

"The above code references the external .js file "expando.js", which you need to download (right click, and select "Save As")."

Where do I put that file?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You can save it where ever you like, maybe to a download folder, your documents, or your desktop (if you gotta a messy desktop). But once you download the script, be sure to upload it to your site where it is needed for the effect.

Good luck!
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nile View Post
    But once you download the script, be sure to upload it to your site where it is needed for the effect.

Good luck!
    yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Where in sitebuilder program does one upload it to? And, then what? I've uploaded it to sitebuilder files but it does not work.

That's why I've mentioned Homestead as my website host.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You're going to want to download an FTP program, or do you have windows?

If you have windows, type in the ftp address to your site in windows explorer, then type in the password and user, and drag the file to where it should be.

Have fun!
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nile View Post
    ... and drag the file to where it should be.

Have fun!
    And that's the problem. I don't know where it goes in the sitebuilder/homestead program. I'm not having a problem uploading or downloading the file. The problem is WHERE DO I PUT IT?