Thread: Is there a price scale for PHP dynamic web site design?

Thanks

Default Is there a price scale for PHP dynamic web site design?

I am thinking about opening a small web development business, however, before I do that, I would like to know if any of you guys could tell me if there is a price guide per page, project, etc. Thanks in advance for your patience while entertaining this question.
    Last edited by xtiano77; 05-30-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks

There was a discussion on this a while back, but I can't find the link to that thread at the moment. I'll keep looking for it and post back the link so you can take a look at that discussion (unless someone else finds it first).
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

Thanks for your time. I'll continue to check to see if you found it. Thanks again!

Thanks

Ok, found a couple of discussions that you may be interested in:
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...d.php?p=114297

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by thetestingsite; 05-21-2009 at 04:27 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thetestingsite View Post
    Can't see that one. Says I don't have enough privileges.

Thanks

Sorry about that one as it is actually posted in the Moderators Forum (only mods have access to it). In any case, the first one should be enough to give you a moderate answer; but if it isn't, you can always post back and I'm sure some of the other members will be more than happy to add to the discussion.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

While the discussion is certainly helpful, and brings up very important points, I think an example of actual pricing practices is what the OP is looking for.

Yes, you do have to consider your hourly workload, expenses in software, licenses, hosting, etc., your local market, your audience, and the types of services you provide. But it is a lot easier to figure out if you're doing it right if you have a standard to compare it to.

good article
    interesting calculator

BTW, thetestingsite, if there's anything particularly useful in that thread, would you mind posting a summary?