Advanced Search

Thread: how to pull images from a folder for a slideshow

Thanks

Default how to pull images from a folder for a slideshow

I am needing to set up a script that would allow a page to display a slideshow of images from a particular folder, without specifiying each individual picture.

the idea is for the person I am building a site for to be able to upload new photos and remove old photos whenever they need to on their server, without having to go into a slideshow script and change out picture titles each time.

does something along these lines exist?

thank you to anyone that can help!

Thanks

like all the contents of that folder or specific ones? do you have php set up?

Thanks

i don't have any php for this particular site - and i'm not entirely sure what kind of server they are using to know if they have it allowed or not at this point...

but yes and no to your question of all content - the folder would not hold anything but images. this would be a specific folder created on the server just for the particular images they would want to cycle through on the homepage in this slide show.

Thanks

then yes with php it is do able and probably some other languages as well

Thanks

any hints on what a script in php like this would be called? any hints on where I could find some help on building it or perhaps an already built script that I could use and give credit for? I am building this site for free as a favor, so I don't want to spend hours and hours building scripts and such if I don't have to!

thanks so much again for all your help!

Thanks

Is there a way that I could code move my website's images from one gallery into a particular folder and then for the code to serve all those images within that folder up when a page is loaded?

I hope my explanation makes sense here, but essentially what I am trying to do is create a folder that I could just remotely upload images to so all of those images would automatically start showing up on the page when people view it without having to re-upload that entire page or without copying in an img src for each pic.

The site in question is: www.JasonCainePhoto.com
    and the gallery/page that I am referring to is: www.JasonCainePhoto.com/iPhone