Thread: Does my computer have amnesia?

Thanks

Default Does my computer have amnesia?

So I got this big monitor which I stole from my dad's office with his permission. I have it left of my laptop which is a dell with what else windows vista!
    Whenever I plug it in, it makes it a secondary monitor, and puts it to the RIGHT and i have to go in, and tell it "ITS ON THE LEFT AND I WANT IT TO BE THE MAIN ONE!" and click apply and wala, it does it. but when i unplug it for school (it be kinda awkward in history class to have a giant monitor, let alone carry it around)... and then return home and plug it in... IT FORGETS!!!!!!!!!!!! aggghhh,

Is there anyway I can get it to remember?

Thanks

Yep - that's Windows For you... I used to have countless problems with Vista, either forgetting settings, corrupting files, and much more...

Linux has never let me down!

// X96 \\
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website
    I specialize in: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux Server Administration

Thanks

unfortunately, switching to linux for me would be like severing my arms and legs because of the recording programs, music creators that i use!

Thanks

Oh... Most of the programs I used were developed for Linux, and Windows was secondary, so I had them all still on Linux...

What programs do you use? I use Audacity for when I need to do stuff with audio...

Edit: And I just remembered - there's a compatibility layer for Linux and MAC so you can run Windows Programs and executables on a different OS... It's called Wine.

// X \\
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website
    I specialize in: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux Server Administration