Thread: Integrating dynamic drive carousel with Wordpress

Default Integrating dynamic drive carousel with Wordpress

1) Script Title:

dynamic drive carousel

2) Script URL (on DD):

3) Describe problem:

I want to use the dynamic drive carousel on my wordpress blog and have got it working ok on a test page...

When I try and call the js into the header.php and put the code in the page the script wont run so just the html is displayed...

After hours of trying to sort this myself Im out of ideas, please help!

Victoria, BC, Canada

That's one bad thing about Wordpress - It automatically edits your HTML code, and you can't disable this function (as far as I know). It's caused me lots of grief with HTML examples...

Look what it does to your javascript! ::
    					<p><script type="text/javascript"></p>
    	galleryid: 'mygallery', //id of carousel DIV
    	beltclass: 'belt', //class of inner "belt" DIV containing all the panel DIVs
    	panelclass: 'panel', //class of panel DIVs each holding content
    	autostep: {enable:true, moveby:1, pause:3000},
    	panelbehavior: {speed:500, wraparound:false, persist:true},
    	defaultbuttons: {enable: true, moveby: 1, leftnav: ['Untitled-2.gif', 10, 80], rightnav: ['Untitled-2_right.gif', -30, 80]},
    	statusvars: ['statusA', 'statusB', 'statusC'], //register 3 variables that contain current panel (start), current panel (last), and total panels
    	contenttype: ['inline'] //content setting ['inline'] or ['external', 'path_to_external_file']
    Every line break it determines as a <P>... There have been many angry bug reports in the Wordpress Codex, and they plan to fix it in a future release...

Not much you can do, file another report into Wordpress and maybe they'll be fed up with all the reports and fix the issue...

// X96 \\
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website
    I specialize in: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux Server Administration

Thanks for that X96 ,

I have found a way to get rid of those <p> tags using...

might help you with some of your issues. Trouble is that the carousel still wont work, any other ideas?