Thread: page-break-after only working in Opera.

Thanks

Default page-break-after only working in Opera.

Hi all,

I'm trying to make use of page-break-after for printing, but the ONLY browser that is applying the page break is Opera (9.6). IE6, Firefox 3, Safari 3, and Chrome 1 all ignore the page break.

Here is the page in question:

http://tinyurl.com/pkwcsr

Please note that this page is using live inventory from a car dealer so the number of results that you see on this page will decrease over time.

If you use the Web Developer Toolbar in Firefox to set the CSS display type to print, you will see a little DIV under every third column that says "The page should break after this DIV. WORK DAMN YOU!!". If you inspect this element with Firebug, you will see that it indeed has the "page-break-after" property.

So Firefox is definitely seeing the page break, but is choosing to ignore it. This makes me think that there is something wrong with my implementation, but I'm totally in the dark as to what. I have also tried using page-break-before, as well as both properties combined, only to get the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the most frustrating thing I've dealt with in a while.
    My site: FreshCut :)

Thanks

What element are you applying the style to? Maybe that is the problem?

Can you upload the css file please and or at least quote all the code so I can look