Thread: Slight(?) alteration of "Image Thumbnail Viewer II"

Thanks

Default Slight(?) alteration of "Image Thumbnail Viewer II"

Script: "Image Thumbnail Viewer II"
    Script URL: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...thumbnail2.htm
    My URL: http://tinyurl.com/cp7ca (check in IE only)

The script works well but there's a few alterations I need to make:

1) [Very important] I need to include text that changes along with the large graphic in the top dynloadarea div. It can be within that div or a seperate div that I'll place below the graphic, and it does not need to have any special effects like that cool soft wipe, but I need to display a small paragraph of text that describes each of the changing graphics/links. (Does that make sense?)

2) [Far less important] When the page first loads it begins with the top dynloadarea div blank. I'd like it to begin with a graphic (either a new graphic or maybe the one associated with the first thumbnail, as long as it's not just blank.) Any ideas?

Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/s...les/thumb2.htm

Right click on the page once it is loaded to see the code.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Cool. That should work great. Thanks.

Not that I'm not extatic to have it work in 90% of the broswsers, but is there anything I can do to make the text appear in Firefox too? In FF all the text says "undefined". Would you recommend I use a sniffer to only use the caploadarea if IE? Or since I notice you made use of an iframe, would it be easier all around for me to make seperate html pages to display within the iframe containing both the larger graphic and coresponding text (bypassing the need for a caploadarea)? I'm thinking this iframe solution may be the key, no?

Thanks again, so much.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, that was just an old demo I had lying around. I just assumed it was cross browser. It is now. You can use the same link as in the above post. If it still gives you trouble in FF, hit refresh.

If you do not want to use the title attribute (creates a tool tip on the thumbnails), you can change all instances in the markup of title to name.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 08-20-2005 at 03:28 AM.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

To quote Monty Burns, "Exxxxelent." You da man! Thanks.